The International Scooter Association (ISA) is a not for profit company limited by guarantee and registered in the UK under company number 7968596. The ISA association model can be found here, these articles form the basis of the association and are constantly developed. Members can provide input to help develop these articles – Click here.
Membership is 12 months from date of signing up and the ISA recieving payment confirmation. Unless otherwise stated at the time of signing up. Some membership packages, in particular new memberships maybe for a shorter duration while being developed.
The ISA will provide membership benefits based on the level of membership entered. If the ISA is unable to fulfil any of these benefits for any unforeseen circumstances, such as natural disasters, bankruptcy or due to any situations outside of the ISA control, then the ISA will work with ISA members to find alternative solutions. No member shall be entitled to any refund of any kind.
The membership costs are for 12months from payment unless otherwise stated at the time of signing up. Membership levels have different associated costs and are subject to change. This will be visble on the website at the time of signing up. Please visit the website membership page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
ISA MEMBERS CODE OF CONDUCT
The ISA board and members have created a code of conduct to ensure fairplay within the industry and throughout all ISA activity.
- The ISA is an organisation designed to develop the sport and support the riders. Therefore, the ISA and its members will always look for a positive solution to any issues or confliction, which may arise within the sport.
- Members agree that decisions and votes are made for the good of the sport and not what favours a business.
- No ISA member will receive financial reward directly from the funds generated by the ISA. ISA revenue streams are to be invested back into association and for developing the sport.
- No ISA member will receive any exclusive rights, exposure or opportunity over any other member. The ISA is completely impartial and everyone will have the same opportunity. Members should not seek such opportunity.
- Members represent themselves and will not create an alliance with others to seek power or to force decisions which can negatively affect the sport, riders or association.
- Members are not to use any of the ISA media platforms or partners fornegative affect.
- Members have a responsibility to help develop the sport and by committing to the ISA acknowledge fair play and working together as a committee for the interests of the sport. Slander or negative actions that are coincided unfair, harmful or damaging to the sport, riders or ISA committee is unacceptable.
- ISA members have a responsibility to educate their riders on the rider codes of conduct. Violent disorder, drug use or illegal activity will be taken seriously and may result in the membersmembership being terminated.
- All members are to act with professionalism at all times. Decisions that haven’t favoured an individual member need to be respected and understood. All major decisions will be fully documented and will be transparent.
- A memberwill respect other members and look to solve any difference amicably and not in public.
USA OF LOGO WITH SCOOTER ACTIVITY
Sanction Agreement between the ISA and Member
This agreement sets out the terms agreed between the ISA and the ISA member. This agreement is in relation to the operation and sanctioning of the MEMBERS activity based upon meeting safety standards and up holding an ISA code of conduct.
The ISA provides rules and regulations for the purpose of improving safety and standards within the sport of Freestyle Scooter Riding, but is not the events or competition organiser. The MEMBER has read and understood the ISA standards, and will conduct the scooter activity in accordance with current ISA safety rules and regulations highlighted below.
Whilst the ISA has taken reasonable steps to improve rider safety, the MEMBER understands they are responsible for the safety of those that participate in their events or activity. The MEMBER is responsible for performing a risk assessment to spot any potential dangers not covered in the ISA standards, which may change from time to time.
The MEMBER agrees to keep the ISA and its respective officers, directors, consultants, sponsors, employees and agents indemnified in respect of any claim by any person arising as a result of or in connection with any participation in the scooter activity. The ISA shall not be responsible for, and shall not pay any amount of incidental, consequential or other indirect damages, whether based on lost revenue or otherwise.
The MEMBER accepts full responsibility for any parties it employs, recruits and contracts with to assist with the production, and is fully responsible for all activity managed.
STANDARDS & SAFETY TERMS FOR SANCTIONING MEMBERS ACTIVITY
- Safety is priority and as a minimum all riders must wear a fastened helmet (certified recommended), appropriate shoes and have bar ends. ISA Members are responsible for adding other safety measures not listed here within.
- The ISA has a strict “No helmet NO riding” policy which ISA Members are responsible for enforcing to those participating in recognised activity where the ISA logo is present.
- All ISA members agree that a safety briefing will be conducted before all scooter schools or educational scooter activity. The ISA can provide print ready PDF’s/ Posters on Safety and Etiquette.
- All riders are to be educated on the dangers of a skatepark and becoming familiar with a skatepark before participating in any competitive activity. ISA can provide print ready PDF’s / Posters on Competition Awareness.
- All participants must complete and sign a waiver in order to use facilities and participate. The ISA recommends that riders under 18 years old have the form signed by a legal guardian. Members agree to meet national laws of the country in which the activity is taking place. The ISA can provide members with a waiver template upon request.
- Riders are never to be pushed or encouraged to do anything beyond their limitation.
- The organiser will obtain emergency contact information on all participates and be able to produce these immediately on request. The organisers will be first aid qualified or have an appointed staff member that is.
- ISA members are responsible for who they employ and/or use as coaches or event organisers. Those hired or employed must be competent in dealing with situations that arise. No foul language, abusive or inappropriate behaviour should not be tolerated.
- Appropriate Public Liability Insurance and Risk Assessment Documents are required for all activity, as well as any council or skatepark approvals. ISA members must be able to provide this information if requested.
- ISA members promise that any activity sanctioned by the ISA; or where the ISA logo is displayed will provide value and benefit to those that participate, and that safety will not be compromised.
- ISA Members will be reactive to all ISA reasonable requests such as feedback and input to direct questions to assist the ISA with developing scooter standards.
- All activity will conform to national laws of the country in which the activity is taking place.
ORGANISER AND RIDER CODE OF CONDUCT
- All ISA members agree to manage their team of riders ensuring that they uphold a good level of professionalism behaviour and sportsmanship.
- Riders are to wear helmets when riding a scooter at events, skateparks, competitions, scoot schools, demonstrations or anywhere when performing as a professional rider.
- The ISA will take very seriously any rider that conducts any form of violent disorder or behaviour, or promotes or engages in drug use or illegal activity, especially in a place representing scooter riding activity and in the presence of younger riders.
- For any ISA recognized activity such as a championship competition hosted by an ISA member, all members acknowledge fair play and working together as a committee for the interest of the sport and riders. Members agree to act in a professional, supportive and in a non-aggressive manor. Equal opportunity must be provided to other ISA members.
TERMS OF AGREEMENT
- Type of competition: This agreement provides the ISA member with event and activity sanctioning for the duration of the ISA membership. This includes events such as scooter schools, camps, non-championship competitions, skatepark ride days, ride with a pro events and scooter demos, which are hosted by the ISA member and has less that 200 people (riders and spectators) attending. Members should contact the ISA regarding large events. Sanctioning is not transferable to an event organiser acting on behalf of the ISA member or to an event in which the ISA member is sponsoring.
- Use of ISA Logo’s and Image: The member shall not modify, license or sublicense the Intellectual Property of the ISA, or transfer or convey the Intellectual Property or any right in the Intellectual Property to anyone else without the prior written consent of the ISA. The organiser has not been granted permission to use any of the Intellectual Property rights for commercial projects such as exploiting ISA logos or property for the use of gaming, merchandise, clothing, commercial broadcasting or other. The sole purpose of the logo is to provide approval and recognition of activity.
- Limitation of Liability: The ISA shall not be responsible for, and shall not pay, any amount of incidental, consequential or other indirect damages, whether based on lost revenue or otherwise. In no event shall the ISA be held liable, regardless of whether the claim is based on contract, tort, strict liability, product liability, or otherwise. The ISA is not the organizer or promoter of members activity. The member release the ISA and its respective officers, directors, consultants, employees and agents from any and all claims that results from a rider that participates in the scooter school, competitions and those present at members events or activity. The member/organizer will keep the ISA indemnified in respect of any claim by any person arising as a result of or in connection with any participation in sanctioned activity.
- Approvals: The member agrees that other terms may be added to this agreement at a later date. Any consents, approvals or agreements shall not be unreasonably withheld, delayed or conditioned.
- Termination: The ISA membership will expire after 12 months from the date of payment and the member must renew to recieve the benefits of membership. The ISA will terminate this sanction agreement should any beach of material term of this agreement is incapable of remedy or, where such breach is capable of remedy shall have failed to remedy the breach. The ISA will retract any rights and the member agrees not to host activity with the use of ISA logo’s, images, or have any affiliation with the ISA. The ISA member also has the right to terminate this agreement in writing at any point and by doing so will terminate any affiliation to the ISA for approval and sanctioning of activity. No refunds on membership fee will be made by the ISA.
By signing up to the ISA and making a payment you agree to the terms and conditions set out here within. Failure to comply with ISA Terms and Conditions may result in the suspension or termination of ISA membership.